250 gm cream cheese
50 gm butter
100 ml fresh milk
60 gm superfine flour
20 gm cornflour
1/4 tspn fine salt
6 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 egg whites
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
140 gm granulated sugar
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture.
2. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
3. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
4. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
5. Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well.
6. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).
7. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C.