150 gm butter
50 gm caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1/4 tspn vnla esen
250 gm plain flour
Ingredients for cheese filling..
250 gm cream cheese - room temperature
50 gm butter - room temperature
60 gm icing sugar
1 egg A gred
1 tbsp lemon juice
100 ml non-dairy whipping cream
40 gm melted cooking chocolate
Method for pastry..
1. Beat cold butter cubes & caster sugar to become pale in colour.
2. Add in egg yolk & beat thoroughly.
3. Lastly, fold in sieved flour & mix into a soft dough. If you find your dough is too sticky, you may keep the dough into the refrigerator for 20 minutes before making the tart shells.
4. Place the tart shells into the pre-heated oven & bake at 170c for 25 minutes.
Method for cheese filling..
1. Beat cream cheese, butter & icing sugar until fluffy.
2. Squeeze in lemon juice & beat until smooth.
3. Add in 1 egg & beat thoroughly, now the mixture will become watery, don't be panic, just leave the mixture aside.
4. In another clean mixing bowl, whip cold non-dairy whipping cream until stiff . Mix the whipped whipping cream into the cheese mixture. After mixing in the whipping cream, the cheese mixture will become thicken & fluffy.
5. Use a piping bag with a nozzle to pipe the cream cheese batter into the baked tart shell.
6. Place the cheese tarts into the pre-heated oven & bake at 160c for 15 minutes.
7. Leave the cheese tarts to cool before keeping them into the fridge.
8. After a few hours chilling, use a piping bag to pipe some melted chocolate onto the surface of the cheese tarts.